Keeping Taxes Low
Making Government More Efficient and Effective
- I will be an advocate for supporting government closest to the people, which includes prioritizing local government funding, infrastructure, road patrols, and libraries.
- In Lansing, I will be a watchdog against unfunded mandates that place more burdens on local governments.
- We should work together through local non-profit groups to help our communities take care of each other. Part of keeping government small is understanding that we must do more locally.
Creating Jobs and Growing our Economy
- Low taxes, common sense regulations, small government, and a quality workforce are important to building a strong economy that creates good jobs.
- As a commissioner I helped facilitate a new Economic Development discussion with stakeholders that now serves as the foundation for an ongoing conversation with farmers, businesses, and local officials. I will continue to be an advocate for robust communication with area workforce development groups, area educators, and business leaders to promote quality education programs that reflect current job market needs.
- Our strengths are in our farming; quiet rural lifestyles; unique microclimate for growing fruits/plants/vegetables; manufacturing; and tourism. I’m so proud, humbled, and honored to work tirelessly to protect, preserve, and celebrate our strengths as a community. We are strong because we work together.
- I will continue leading by example to share this forward thinking, “teamwork” spirit.
- Because of our rural areas, broadband coverage is a challenge. As technology advances and businesses slowly make progress, I will be a constant advocate for this issue because I see its importance for families, farms, and business growth.
Protecting our Seniors
- Working with the volunteers of the Mattawan Area Pantry and St. John Bosco I have listened to and personally served seniors that need food assistance.
- Through the Area Agency on Aging, I have studied, represented and actively supported senior issues, and will continue this focus moving forward into Lansing.
- I will do my best to protect and preserve state funding for our vulnerable seniors and the disabled.
Ending Domestic Violence
- I consider it a duty and privilege to be able to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
- I will continue to support the Domestic Violence Coalition and Human Trafficking Task Force. Part of serving to the best of my ability means to help educate others on these valuable groups, including their funding needs and volunteer opportunities.
Keeping Our Community Safe
- I deeply appreciate the contributions of law enforcement in our communities. They are our front lines of defense that keep our families safe.
- I will continue to support specialty courts; Drug Treatment Court, and Recovery Court, and the Regional Veteran’s Court. The development of specialty courts has helped reduce two things: the cost of incarcerating trustees, and the risk of people returning to prison. Specialty courts strengthen families and make our communities safer.
- Preserving key services such as road patrol and fire departments are top priorities moving forward. These programs represents your local tax dollars at work, and help keep our families safe.